"Things are beautiful if you love them" - J.Anouih

Friday, October 28, 2011

Welcome - my introduction

So Ive had this blog for a while and used it more for only inspirations and ideas rather than actually posting my own work. So this is new for me!

As some may know and others will find out I have a deep desire to create using my camera. Unlike many who capture true moments that people experience, I have a deeper longing to create fictitious personas of female subjects in the utter most disconnected moments of falsity.

Why do I explore this subject alters from day to day but at this very moment, I would express this as my longing to be things that I am not - the unattainable. The unattainable still lingers throughout my head and I am able to achieve a sense of hope by allowing my subjects to capture a glimpse of that unreachable beauty. Whether it be the sway of the female form, the wisp of the hair pressing across her face, or the simple gestures of the hand - I am able to control the whole picture and bring forth a beautiful presence that is more pretend than real. I do not ask my subjects to come and be themselves, I ask them to emulate a character, and a figment of my imagination. Not only do these females hold a feminine quality but also a mix of eccentric darkness - they play the princess and the villain, the beauty and the beast, and become whatever I want them to imitate.

Hope you find some inspiration in my day to day life...

Much Love
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment