"Things are beautiful if you love them" - J.Anouih

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Miami Swim Show






I just got back this past Wednesday from Miami for the 2012 Miami Swimwear Show - which is known as the biggest swimwear show in the world. Im not one to brag but as a girl from a small city in southern alberta canada who is a nobody - it feels great to party at some of the most well known places and parties with some amazing designers, owners, models and celebrities.

Saturday night started off at the the Versace Mansion... I recall the first time in Miami when I was young and knew little about fashion standing outside this gate protected mansion with my brother Kelly as people snapped photos - while we stood there looking stupid we asked who's house is this? And with that came a snarky reply by some girl with her nose in the air - "it's VERSACES house!" We sure felt dumb! Well it was clear after that - dont ask - just google it. This time we were well aware of who's house it was and replied the same when people asked but following with a laugh because that was us once.

As we got to the entrace gate of the mansion we were greeted after being checked on the guest list. One of the greatest things about these parties is free booze. Anything you want to drink for free upon entering and as much as you'd like. The party was a few hours long and after drinking a few too many wines we met a couple - the girl was from Columbia and the guy from New Jersey - you will find in Miami almost nobody who lives there is actually born and breed from Miami - everyones from somewhere else. As always Kelly and I have to mention to everybody we are brother and sister and not a couple - and we keep forgetting to make out shirts that say this. When you have no resemblance to you siblings people always assume you are dating. As the night went on, Kelly and I and the other couple - along with two woman from New Mexico partied our way to the Raleigh where the Mercedes Benz swim party was being thrown (after we all peed in the versace gold toilet - so exciting!)

So most of the Mercedes Benz party was a blur because the wine quickly got to me but Kristen Cavallari(The Hills & Laguna Beach) and Jessica Szohr(Gossip Girl) were there - as well as others Im sure I didn't hear about. The night included many fashion shows by a handfull of designers and much much more. Anyways the night ended messy with me apparently holding onto a fake palm tree as I tried to hold myself up - meanwhile Kelly getting a photo taken with the Sky Vodka girl. Thank god for brothers for getting me home safely! Unthankfully they tell everybody everything about my messy story!

This way by far the best night - although Sunday night a company took us to the Miami Aquarium for our own private dolphin show and dinner - where I took a million photos of the dolphins and begged them to let me take one home with me! And lastly the Seafolly party was Monday evening on the rooftop of the Betsy hotel with amazing drinks and appitizers with good company.

Miami is nothing short of an amazing time with great people although by the end Im ready for a break and a good long sleep!

A few favorites from the Miami swimwear show seen during the day was:

"Laundry" by Shelli Segal - not only her new swim line but also I recommend checking out her dress line (which has been wore by many celebrities such as Beyonce and Jennifer Aniston).

"Pily Q" - a new brazilian swimwear line

and as always

"Seafolly" - Austrailian swimwear line

Of course me and Kelly wanted to take some of the models home with us - my reasons being I wanted to photograph them because they were SO beautiful - and him, clearly for other reasons.

Over all another great time in Miami thats triggered alot of new inspiration, colors and styles - that will most likely be included in my new upcoming work.













1 comment: